Sunday, February 8, 2009

Word Swap: Soul

It was kind of crazy for me to get this word when I did because I was thinking about the idea of souls, spirits, etc. for a while. For some reason, lately, when I hear the word "soul" I think of the song by The Killers with the lyrics that say "I got soul but I'm not a soldier." Then, when I was thinking about this word some more, a song came to me from my childhood, a song that I had learned in the virtues classes I attended. It is a very simple song, but we would usually sing it in a round and I always felt like it was very powerful. The song goes as follows...

The soul is the sun, and the earth is the body
The soul is the light, and the body is the lamp
The soul is the flame, and the body is the candle
The soul is the bird, and the body is the cage

It shines, it flows, it flies, it glows
It shines, it flows, it flies, it glows

No comments:

Post a Comment