Thursday, January 29, 2009

word swap: Gravity

For one reason or another, when I thought of gravity, I didn't think of the force holding us on on the surface of the earth. That may have been my initial thought, but almost immediately my mind turned to gravity as in seriousness. But I suppose they are one and the same; I don't quite understand the finer details of Newton's law, but I know that it relates to seriousness in that both tend to "ground" us. Without it, we would float away. A scary thought at first conception, but it holds a certain amount of silliness, in both senses of the word, and while it would not be practical to be silly always, now and then (as in at least a few minutes daily) I think a return to a childlike state of mind would improve general morale and lift many spirits and encourage much creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment