Thursday, May 28, 2009

About Doug

During our individual meetings, many of you expressed an interest in Doug's health. Doug was diagnosed with lung cancer the last week of our class. We decided not to tell you at the time since everyone had much on their minds. I am attaching the link to Doug's blog, which was set up by his best friend, Paul, who recently came to SLC to visit Doug, and includes information about his health. I'm telling you this now because tomorrow night, Friday, there will be an event to honor Doug and help raise money for his medical expenses. It is being held by his friends and colleagues at Westminster in the Honor Building from 5-8...just in case any of you would like to attend. The details are on his blog (at the end of it) I know Doug would love to see you or hear from you or get notes. He is in amazing spirits, funny as usual, and forever aware of all the small and beautiful things around him.

I hope everyone's summer is off to a great beginning.


http://dougwright-friends.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. Wow. Thanks for sharing, Anne. Unfortunately I was out of town and unable to attend. Sending my best his way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I just barely checked the blog. Thanks for the update and my best wishes go out to Doug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that was me (kelly waite) not chad. haha but im sure chad sends his best too

    ReplyDelete
  4. and why are you chad???? very dubious. Thanks to you (Chad/Kelly) and Jeffrey....I will pass your kind thoughts along....

    ReplyDelete